Homestretch Home Buyer Workshops will help prepare you for homeownership.
Homestretch Workshops are best suited for those who are ready to purchase a home within the next year.
Not sure if you are ready? Need help to be ready? We can help you determine readiness or help you make a plan to get there.
Homestretch Workshops explore the following topics:
- Is homeownership an option?
- Cost of renting versus cost of owning
- Loan qualifications
- Is debt a factor?
- Money needed for closing costs
- Overcoming credit debt, income or savings barriers
- Mortgage application process
- How to shop for a home
- Home inspections
- Documents involved in closing
CAPSH workshops meet or exceed the standards for the following agencies/programs:
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- NSP Neighborhood Stabilization Program
- Minnesota Housing Finance Agency
- liFT Program
- Federal Housing Administration
- Fannie Mae
- Freddie MAC