Energy Assistance

The Energy Assistance Program can help you pay energy costs– such as a heating bill– between Oct 1 and Sept 30 each year.  If you qualify, you could receive a grant to cover some of your energy expenses. This grant is paid directly to your energy provider, to reduce your energy bill.

Additionally, if you receive Energy Assistance, you may qualify for weatherization services. These services can improve your home’s energy efficiency and lower your energy bill. Furnace repair or replacement assistance is also available. For more information click here.

Who can apply for energy assistance?

Both homeowners and renters may be eligible for assistance. Renters that don’t pay their heat may also be eligible for energy assistance.

Do you have to pay the money back?

No. Energy Assistance is given as a grant, not a loan. You do not need to repay it.

What are the income guidelines?

Eligibility for Energy Assistance is calculated by looking at gross income (your income before taxes and other deductions) for a three month period. Your income must be at or below the following guidelines.

2011-2012 Energy Assistance Guidelines
Family SizeMaximum Three Month Income

How can I apply?

An application must be completed in order to receive Energy Assistance. The application can be downloaded from the link below or by contacting CAPSH between 8:00 am – 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday at 952-930-3541.