Community Action Partnership of Suburban Hennepin provides full-cycle homeownership services to help low- and moderate-income households become and remain successful homeowners. Our experienced Housing Counselors will respectfully and confidentially review your situation so that you can choose the best option for your housing needs.
CAPSH's Center for Homeownership offers pre- and post-purchase counseling, foreclosure prevention assistance, reverse mortgage counseling, and information concerning home maintenance. We are a HUD-approved housing counseling agency and our home buyer curriculum meets or exceeds the requirements of HUD, MHFA, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac programs.
- Foreclosure Prevention - The Foreclosure Prevention Program helps homeowners who are in danger of losing their homes due to an approaching foreclosure. The Program provides counseling, advocacy, referrals to additional resources and other assistance to households facing foreclosure.
- Home Repair & Rehabilitation - CAPSH's Rehab advisors assists homeowners in prioritizing projects to improve the structural integrity of their home.
- Reverse Mortgage Assistance - CAPSH offers reverse mortgage counseling to guide older homeowners (62+) through the process and assist in getting equity from your home. A reverse mortgage is a special type of mortgage that may enable older homeowners to remain in their home for as long as they choose. It is a loan against home equity that provides homeowners with cash advances according to the plan they select.
- Homebuyer Services - CAPSH's Home Ownership services provide valuable counseling regarding the homebuying process.
- Homebuyer Education (Home Stretch Workshops)- The workshop, led by a certified instructor, guides potential homebuyers step-by-step, through the home buying process. After completing the workshop series, individuals may be eligible for special Minnesota Housing Finance Agency (MHFA) financing, down payment and/or closing cost assistance.
- Rental Support Services - CAPSH's Rental Support Services assist homeless families in securing safe and stable housing.