Energy Assistance Program

*** The Energy Assistance Program has been extended to July 1st, 2016.

Click here for more information

Applications for the 2015-2016 Energy Assistance Program Year are now available. You can print an application from the link below or have one mailed to you by calling our Energy Assistance Program intake line at 952-930-3541.

*** if you have no income, or your income is lower than your monthly bills, please fill out the Verification of Income and Expenses Form and submit it with your application. 


Mail your application to:
8800 Highway 7, Ste. 403
St. Louis Park, MN 55426

OR Fax your application to: 

Minneapolis residents who are interested in Weatherization Program, should contact  Sustainable Resource Center, Inc at 612-870-4255.


Community Action Partnership   
of  Suburban Hennepin
8800 Highway 7, #403
St. Louis Park, 55426
Hours: M-TH 7:00 AM - 4:30 PM
          F          8:00 AM - Noon
Center for Changing Lives-
Lutheran Social Services
2400 Park Ave S.
Minneapolis, 55404
CLOSED for the season. 

Minneapolis Urban League    
2100 Plymouth Ave N. #112
Minneapolis, 55411

CLOSED for the season.
Will re-open 09/06/2016

Northwest Family
Service Center
 7051 Brooklyn Blvd.
Brooklyn Center, 55429
Hours: M , W  9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
  Sabathani Community Center    
310 E 38th St, #211
Minneapolis, 55409

CLOSED for the season.
Will re-open 09/06/2016
 VEAP Community
        Service Center       
9600 Aldrich Ave., 
Bloomington, 55420
               Hours: Thurs. 9:30 AM- 6:00 PM                 

The Energy Assistance Program can help you pay energy costs-- such as a heating bill-- between Oct 1 and May 30 each year. If you qualify, you could receive a grant to cover some of your energy expenses. This grant is paid directly to your energy provider, to reduce your energy bill.

Energy Related Repairs Program

The Energy Related Repairs (ERR) Program provides emergency repair or replacement of broken/non-functioning heating systems (ex. furnace) for Energy Assistance clients. 

To be eligible for assistance with your heating system you must submit an Energy Assistance Application and be approved 

To contact CAPSH about problems with your heating system please call                         952-697-1411.  If you have an after-hours emergency please call 952-451-3534. 

Frequently Asked Questions

Who can apply for energy assistance?

Both homeowners and renters may be eligible for assistance. Renters that don't pay their heat may also be eligible for energy assistance.

Do you have to pay the money back?

No. Energy Assistance is given as a grant, not a loan. You do not need to repay it.

What are the income guidelines?

Eligibility for Energy Assistance is calculated by looking at gross income (your income before taxes and other deductions) for a three month period. Your income must be at or below the following guidelines.

2015-2016 EAP Income Guidelines
Family Size Maximum Three Month Income
1 $5,987
2 $7,829
3 $9,671
4 $11,514
5 $13,356
6 $15,198
7 $15,543
8 $15,889
9 $16,234

** For household sizes 9 and up, call 952-930-3541**

How can I apply?

An application must be completed in order to receive Energy Assistance. The application can be downloaded from the link below or by contacting CAPSH between 8:00 am - 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday at 952-930-3541.

Click here to download the 2015-2016 Minnesota Energy Assistance Application

Click here to request the 2015-2016 Energy Assistance Application to be mailed to you.

For more information, visit the Minnesota Department of Commerce website at